Who doesn’t feel excited about the approaching holidays? The most awaited winter season signals the coming of Christmas and New Year’s Eve when we gather with friends and family. While we enjoy looking out at a cold, snowy night, we enjoy the cozy warmth of a fireplace when the temperature starts to drop.
Among the various ways to ease yourself from the cold of winter, a fireplace is one of the most enjoyed. Not only does it enhance the ambiance inside your home, but a fireplace also offers essential and cost-effective heat. If your home doesn’t have a fireplace you may be wondering if you can add one. Definitely yes! Through the help of expert masonry contractors your dream of a fireplace can be a reality. But first, know your options which include the following:
- Wood-Burning Fireplaces – These are the old western style units that create that woody aroma around your house and that fire crackling sound. Wood-burning fireplaces can be with an open hearth, an enclosed type, or a wood stove.
- Gas-Burning Fireplaces – Enjoy easy installation and control with this type of fireplace. Within only a day or a day and a half, a gas-burning fireplace will be ready to create the perfect traditional but cleaner look to any room in your house. You choose to have a vent built-in or not as gas-burning fireplaces don’t require it.
- Electric Fireplaces – Electric mantel fireplaces, electric fireplace TV stands, and entertainment centers are the popular types of electric fireplaces found on the market. They are very easy to install and are affordable, too. The best thing about this fireplace is they provide a sufficient amount of heat to the room.
- Ethanol-Burning Fireplaces – This type of fireplace is the least popular of all the four types of fireplaces when it comes to creating enough heat for the room. Gas-burning and wood-burning fireplaces are much better than this, although it is also easy to install and are available in many styles.
5 Reasons to Add a Fireplace
1. A fireplace creates a cozy atmosphere in your home.
Coming home to a relaxing fire lit room after spending a day shoveling snow or commuting in the cold is a welcome relief. Watching the fire flicker, feeling the warmth that fills your face and spreading a special aroma in the air is yours whether you have a gas-burning or a wood-burning fireplace. It is all you need during a bad weather.
2. Increases the value of your home.
Having a fireplace is sure to attract the attention of potential buyers, especially in a cold, snowy climate. More than that is the fact that buyers would willingly offer a larger amount just to own a fireplace like yours.
3. Gives you peace of mind about experiencing winter storms in the area.
If you’re thinking about how to stay comfy and warm during the night, a well-functioning fireplace can assure you of a good night’s sleep even when your power supply goes off.
4. Provides an eco-friendly alternative to furnaces.
Instead of investing in furnaces that require fossil fuels, wood-burning fireplaces also allow you to use free wood from fallen or sickened trees. New fireplace models can even connect to your existing ducting, increasing heat efficiency and allowing you to burn wood as your primary fuel source.
5. Offers low cost for utility bills.
Adding a fireplace gives a lot of benefits including the ability to save on energy bills. Save hundreds or thousands of dollars each year when you use wood-burning fireplaces as a secondary source for heat.
Why Choose Masonry Contractor South Shore MA
Masonry Contractor South Shore MA offers high-quality masonry work for every home. Our years in performing professional masonry construction, repair, and maintenance remain unmatched, no matter the difficulty of the project. We take pride in our broad expertise and ability to improve curb appeal and quality of life for the homeowners of the South Shore area.
Our professional masons can deal with a range of materials like stone, brick, and concrete to provide excellent design and style for our customers. Your brand-new patios, sidings, chimney, walls, and walkways will have a stunning look that lasts. For masonry restoration and construction, Masonry Contractor South Shore MA is the one to call! Contact us at 617-944-5565 today.